TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of this website is subject to legally binding terms and conditions. Carefully read the following terms and conditions before accessing or using this website. Your accessing or use of this website indicates your acceptance of the following terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them.
The following terms and conditions form a binding agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Aim Educational Services(“Aim”). We may change these terms and conditions at any time without advance notice. Changed terms will become effective once posted on this website. Your continued use of this website after any change means you have accepted the changed terms and conditions.
All references to money amounts in this Agreement, unless otherwise specified, are in Canadian dollars.
Canadian Copyright Law
Copyright protection is automatic in Canada. A work need not be registered with the Canadian Copyright Office nor does it have to be marked with a © to indicate that it is copyright protected.
Unauthorized copying or commercial publication or exploitation of text, images, audio and video clips and other content of this website including publication, retransmission, broadcast, circulation, selling, reproduction or redistribution, except as authorized by AIM, is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any text, images, audio and video clips and other content for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair dealing as defined by Canadian law, must request and receive prior written permission from AIM. You covenant and agree not to use any screen scraping, framing, bots, spiders, crawlers, avatars, intelligent agents or other automated processes on this website or its content, without AIM’s written consent.
Permission for such uses may be granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of AIM. A usage fee may be assessed depending on the type and nature of the proposed use.
Links to Third Party Websites
The AIM website contains links to third party websites. The linked sites and pages are not under the control of AIM and AIM is not responsible for the contents of any linked website. These links are provided as a convenience only and shall not be construed as an endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked website by AIM.
These terms and conditions and any other legal notices, policies and guidelines of AIM linked to these terms and conditions constitute the entire Agreement between you and AIM relating to your use of this website and supersede any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written), claims, representations, and understandings of the parties regarding such subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended or modified except by AIM making such amendments or modifications available on this website.
Termination of Access
You agree that AIM, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your password, account, or use of AIM Properties, Services or Paid Services and remove and discard any User Postings at its convenience or for any reason, including without limitation if We believe you have violated or may violate these Terms and Conditions. You agree that any suspension and/or termination of your access to AIM properties, or use of the Services or Paid Services may be effected without prior notice and that the AIM will not be liable to you or to any other person as a result of any such suspension or termination.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
IN NO EVENT WILL AIM OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING AMONG OTHER THINGS LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS), PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY, DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR SUBJECT TO EQUITABLE OR INJUNCTIVE REMEDIES (WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE. NOTHING IN THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL EXCLUDE LIABILITIES NOT PERMITTED TO BE EXCLUDED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
As a condition of your use of this website, you agree to indemnify AIM and its affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of this website, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Personal Information Protection and Privacy
What is personal information?
“Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address and includes information about your product and service subscriptions and usage, credit card information and billing records. It does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
What type of personal information does AIM collect?
AIM collects various types of personal information. We may collect any of the following:
• Your name, billing/shipping address, email address, telephone number,
and credit card information, including card number, card type, cardholder name and expiration date, when you purchase products or services from us such as tickets for a AIM event or for one of our partners’ events, or products from the online AIM shop. We also obtain this information from you when who become a AIM Insider.
• Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any of our events. This personal information might include your name, profession, e-mail address, phone number, photograph, answers to specific questions, password and computer information.
• Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any of our on-line or other meeting spaces, blogs or forums. This personal information might include your name, profession, e-mail address, phone number, photograph, answers to specific questions, password and computer information. The personal information you provide to us when participating in our meeting spaces, blogs or forums may be used for marketing purposes.
• Personal information you provide to us when you participate in one of our contests, sweepstakes or surveys. This information may include your name, email address and street address, and the answers to survey questions. The personal information you provide to us when participating in these promotions, surveys and contests may be used for marketing purposes.
• Personal information you provide to us when subscribing to our newsletters or emails or when you use our web site, including, but not limited, to when you created a “AIM Insider” profile at www.aimeducationalservices.com. This personal information might include your name, member/buyer identification, e-mail address, phone number and, in the case of our web site, your password and computer information.
• Your personal information from our business partners and other third parties provided they have agreed to obtain your consent before disclosing your personal information to us.
• Certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to our web site www.aimeducationalservices.com. This information is collected from your computer’s Web browser to enhance your experience on our web site and may include your IP address, operating system, Web browser software, screen resolution, and referrer Web site.
How does AIM collect personal information?
We collect personal information that is voluntarily provided to us by our customers, members, sponsors, web site users and the public in general when they contact us via telephone, e-mail, web browser, or in person. As mentioned above, we may also collect personal information from our business partners and other third parties who have agreed to obtain the consent of the person the information pertains to before disclosing the information to us.
AIM may also collect personal information through the following means:
• Web beacons. To assess the effectiveness of promotional and marketing e-mails we send, we may attach a web beacon to the email that provides us with confirmation when the recipient opens the e-mail. This only occurs if the recipient’s computer supports such technology.
Why does AIM collect your Personal Information?
AIM may collect personal information about you and use it for the following reasons:
• To provide products and services to you, to inform you of changes and other relevant information pertaining to your purchase, to bill you when you make a purchase from us, to acknowledge your support and to provide that information to the Canada Revenue Agency and to contact you when necessary for these purposes.
• To provide you with services or recognition you request.
• When you register to become an Insider of AIM we use your information to create and manage your member account.
• For marketing purposes. We may use your contact information to send you emails about promotions, surveys, contests and special events or providing other marketing information to you. Promotional e-mails are intended to inform you of new or unique opportunities, events or special deals that are available from AIM. You can opt not to receive these emails from us by either clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email when you receive it or by sending an email that includes your e-mail address and a request that you not receive our promotional e-mails. In addition, we may send you postal mail notifying you of promotions, surveys, contests or special events or providing other marketing information to you. You can unsubscribe from this postal mail service by sending an e-mail with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your e-mail address and street address. This information will only be used to remove your from our list of recipients of marketing emails and mail.
• To improve the quality of your visit to our web site, we use electronic information such as “cookies” to improve your use of our web site. We collect certain information (e.g., purchasing trends) based on your navigation of our web site to better understand and serve our customers, members and web site visitors. This data allows us to streamline your ability to navigate our web site and develop featured programs and content that will be of interest to our customers and members and web site visitors.
• To improve our service offerings, we monitor and analyze the use of our service offerings in order to determine which services are popular and useful to our customers, members and web site visitors so that we can improve them.
• To better understand your interests, AIM also may prepare aggregated user statistics or information summaries to describe our services and their popularity to our business partners and prospective advertisers and for other lawful purposes. The aggregated user statistics and information will not contain any personally identifiable information.
• To provide a secure and safe environment for our visitors and employees.
• To co-operate with law enforcement and to protect against violations of criminal or civil laws.
• We may use your personal information to respond when you submit a question or suggestion to us, or when you request assistance with your membership, donations, viewing your purchase(s), logging on to www.aimeducationalservices.com, or accessing your account from our web site.
The Disclosure of Personal Information
AIM does not sell or rent any personal information we collect. AIM may disclose some personal information we collect to service providers who help us provide personalized content and advertising to you.
How AIM Protects Your Privacy
All information submitted to our web site or email addresses is transferred to the AIM computer servers. During an on-line transaction, this information is submitted using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL-enabled web browsers employ a security protocol between the client and the server computer in order to ensure that information will be transferred to the intended recipient secured servers only.
The internet is, by its nature, inherently open and subject to interception of information. We cannot guarantee that information you provide to us over the internet or otherwise will not be intercepted by third parties while it is being communicated by means that are outside of our control.
Verifying and Amending your Personal Information
AIM tries to ensure that all personal information about you that is in our possession is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To enable us to do so, please inform the person to whom you provided your personal information of any change to that information.
You can inquire about, access and review your personal information held by AIM and make corrections to it. Please us by sending an email to our Customer Relations for assistance with these matters. In some cases AIM will be prevented from disclosing the requested information to you. If any request you make for access to personal information is denied, we will provide you with an explanation.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about AIM’s personal information collection, use and disclosure practices, please let us know and we will do our best to help you. You can contact Elina Bagshaw, at 289-466-6100 or by email with any questions or concerns.